Sunday, February 9, 2014

Casting out demons

--> Mk. 1:23~28   Korean text  ◑2.     the other one     A Korean preaching, translated


Sometimes I (Korean pastor Choi) help an demon-possessed man (church member)
or demon-obsessed people.

※Someone divides 4 stages of demon possession. I agree to this opinion.
1. Obsession  (weaken stage) 
2. Oppression     ↓
3. Depression     ↓
4. Possession (strongest stage)

I invite him/her to come to the church office.

There are many different ways of casting out demons.
Common way of it is like this;
A Christian commands to the demon-possessed man,
"In the name of Jesus, I command you, come out of him right now!"

Then, rarely, demons shouting themselves and come out of him.
"Rarely" means.. most of cases, demons do not come out itself by such a commandment!

Someone said his experience of exorcism ;
He prayed and wrestled with the demon-possessed man 3~5 hours continually 
with prayer and praising besides the demon-possessed man.
And then demons were given up themselves and come out of him, finally.
(Reportedly, 20~30 years ago. It is also a rare case)

I'd like to share 'my way' of casting out demons.
I help the demon-possessed man may cast his demons that resides in him himself.

Mostly demons holds strongly its victim with "fears"
So that the man does not want to be escaped from demons' possession,
though he wants it, but he cannot, because of the fear.

He thinks/deceives himself, demon might kill him
after he expels it out of himself.
It is same that, a gangster try to be free from his membership in the "cartel",
he feels a sense of "fear". 'He might be killed by the cartel.'

I have a conversation with him.
and ask several questions unto him, after some relaxed minutes.
 
My point is,
There were an "specific event" for the demons' invasion. (coming into his soul).

-shocking hurts from his parents in childhood,
-shocking hurts from his boy/girl friend
-shocking experience of his sinful deed
-shocking pains after his family member's sudden death, etc.

Most of cases, they have "fear"
and they are living under the "fear".
They do not want to expose it, because of the fear.
 
Fear holds him strongly and he is not free in the Lord.
Fear is the demonic influence.
 
Through candid conversation with him,
he begins shareing his painful past hidden stories.

And if it is needed,
he confesses his (secret) sin and ask for God's forgiveness,
or he forgave someone who hurted him in the past.

In my (pastor Choi) experience,
after that,
most of cases, demons are expelled out of him
and he feels free in Christ.

At the same time, he is baptized by the Holy Spirit,
and his (radical) conversion happens! 

Of course, his secret must be kept by the pastor.
The pastor can share it under his permission. 

Practically, I ask unto him these questions,
before I help him;

(1) I accepted Jesus as my Saviour and the Lord,
or I want to accept him.

(2) I admit the existence of demons,
and I have a demonic problems in my present living.

(3) I want to be set free from demons.

(4) I will answer honestly to pastor's questions without hiding.

We have to be clean ourselves in our daily living.
When we keep our kitchen clean, roaches cannot dwell there,
because they are nothing to do there.

We have to be filled with the Holy Spirit,
and live a thanksgiving life to the Lord and to the people.

When we hate, envy, or lust someone..
Demons creep into us through that 'my open door'

The 1st stage is Obsession..
And then it develops into Oppression.. Depression.. Possession.

We thank Jesus and praise Him
because he came to earth
to set us free from the Satan's invasion into our soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment