Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Song of Solomon / Paul Washer / Text

video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMp-uWTg_t8

One of the most terrible things in Christianity today, even real Christianity today, is this idea that there is a pecking order. Well God has his great servants and then God has his lesser servants. That is the damnable lie! I don’t know how much stronger to say it. It’s of the devil, it deserves hell. It’s condemning and it’s wrong.

There is no pecking order in the kingdom of God. God does not love Charles Spurgeon more than you and He does not take notice with John Piper more than He takes notice of you. You will not get to heaven and be last. There will not be people running around in heaven with big crowns on their heads and driving in Cadillac while you’ll have a paper crown on a scooter. That’s a damnable lie made up by preachers who want to manipulate people.

Jesus said in the Bible, “The first will be last and the last will be first”. Do you know what happens when the first will be last and the last will be first? I’ll tell you what happens when the first will be last and the last will be first, there are no longer any first or last. That’s His whole point.

 The only thing required of thee as a believer is to walk in the will of God, in his providence for you, and if you serve in this church totally and completely unnoticed all the days of your life. Your glory may be greater than the one who built 350 churches in Ethiopia. You need to see that there is no pecking order in the kingdom, none!

The peasant girl is as pleasing as the mighty warrior, and the wise prophet, and the telling sage, and the mighty king. And so everything that you offer Him is never despised. If it is offered out of our heart trembling and broken, if it is offered in love, if your service is given to him as an act of praise, then it is always accepted. I hear sometimes people say, “Man, that guy is one of the special ones” or “Man, God must truly treasure him, he has a secret communion with God that other could only dream about”. Wrath! That is wrath. Every dear child every one gathered to Jesus Christ is precious, is precious to the same degree.

You see you and I live a world where were shut out. There are places in this planet that none of us can go. We don’t have enough money we don’t have the enough prestige. We’re not the beautiful people. There are societies we can’t belong to. There are clubs we can’t join. No super models among us. But you see all of that, when you pass through that door of Christ's kingdom, totally and completely disappears. And now there is one great king and a whole bunch of beloved children. We have nothing to prove. We have nothing to gain. He has done it all. We are simply loved. And you need to rest in him rest in his providence that absolutely everything you do in his name is received. Your service in this church, just knowing this truth, opt to grow thinking that nothing is done in vain, nothing is overlooked, and if you will serve Him in your capacity with passion, it will never be despised it will never be ranked below someone else. The most wonderful thing in the world is that we are deeply and eternally and unconditionally loved and so we can just go out there and serve Him

▶Let me give you an illustration it may help you understand this.

A dear friend of mine has mentored me from past years. He was a physics in major, brilliant man, and so his last semester in college he had to take certain physics course that was absolutely the wither course at the university. So difficult, absolutely impossible, and so there were five guys in there. They were either physics majors or math majors. They love physics they love mathematics and the reason they were in their in not because they had to but because they love the stuff. The professors walked in, very famous for being tough, and looked at them and said, “Ok, you all got an A, now let’s enjoy the material”.

You see that’s what it’ll come down to if you are in Christ Jesus, you are all together lovely, there is no blemishing you. You’ve got an “A” now let’s just enjoy the Christian life. Let’s just follow him.

▶What if I fail? No problem He still loves you. What if I’m not what everyone else? What everyone else is, they are by the grace of God and cannot be attributed to them anyways. You’re free! It’s what it means to be free, you’re just loved. What if I didn’t meet the condition? Well you never have. You didn’t meet the conditions to get saved so you expect to meet them now to stay saved? You didn’t meet the conditions to get in his favor so do you plan to meet his condition to stay in his favor? Hold it, are you saying that if were in Christ Jesus we can just live like hellions and everything is ok? I’m saying if you’re in Christ Jesus you don’t want to live like hellions.

▶Let me finish the illustration. Let’s say that the professor, that class, has five men in there that just love physics. They just love it. But let’s say that there are five other people in that class that hate physics but they have to take the class to graduate. The professor walks in and says “You’ve all got an A, let’s just enjoy the material”. The five guys who loves physics says “You mean we can just study these and not have to worry about the grade? You mean we can read this and enjoy this and talk about this and then discuss it and all sort of things and we don’t have to worry about the test we can just enjoy the material? And the professor says “Yes”. But other five that hate physics, what they do is, they closed their book and go then you mean we got an “A” and we don’t even need to read this stuff? And they walk out the door and throw the book in the trash can.

You see when a true believer hears that he unconditionally loved and his salvation does not depend on him or standing before God does not depend on him that true believer says “You mean I got an “A” and I can just enjoy the material? I can just follow Him and I don’t have to be afraid of anything anymore? I don’t have to be afraid of judgment? I don’t have to be afraid of wrath? I don’t have to be afraid of a pecking order and being last in heaven? I can just love Him and enjoy this stuff?

But the carnal wicked church member, who goes to church, but in reality does not love Jesus and hates God but is going to heaven because he prayed a prayer, he goes “You mean I may get to heaven even doing all this stuff?

You see there is the difference between a true Christian and a lost man. The Christian looks at the grace of God and says “Oh I want to follow him so much more now. I want to serve him so much more”. And the lost church member on the way to hell says “Let’s just sin.”

Now I want us to go on and I want us to see something.

First of all, in verse 16 in chapter 4 and verse 1 of chapter 5, you’ll see something. You’ll see a young lady who is absolutely passionate about the king. She wants the king, she wants the king to notice her, and she wants to do things for the king. I mean she is totally in love with this guy she is so passionate about him. She desires him, she wants him. But then, will get to verse 2.

 
I was asleep but my heart was awake.
. A voice my beloved was knocking.
“Open to me, my sister, my darling,
my dove, my perfect one.
For my head is drenched with dew,
my locks with the dampness of the night.”

Now what is going on here? That king that is one time she so passionately desires, he comes and visits her. Now notice he doesn’t ask for permission to visit her. Why? Because love never believes that it has to ask permission to come to visit. Love believes that it will always be accepted when it knocks on the door. So he comes at the time when she least expect it and he knocks on the door. But what does she say? Verse 3,

“I’ve taken off my dress how can I put it on again.”

“I have washed my feet how can I dirty them again?”

 Now look at what has happened. There was a time where this girl would go out into the market place and walk around all day in circles with a basket of fish on her head just in hope that she would bump into this guy she would do absolutely everything to have a meeting with him. She was so in love with him but now look at her. He comes to her door but she nonchalantly says, “Look, could you come some other time. I mean it’s such an inconvenience for me to get out of bed. And it’s such… You know I mean I have taken off my dress. My feet I don’t want them to get dirty. I mean, can you relate to that?

There was a time when you’re a brand new Christian when you sought the Lord you wanted to see him you wanted to see the reality of him. You wanted him to work in your life you prayed not just for empty ends need. You prayed to see his face to know him you open up the word you sought him out and you wanted just to know the Lord but years have gone by now and your hearts become cold and dry.

 I have seen this in my own life. After preaching, sometimes I have been preaching and preaching about God and my relationship to Him and be so tired. After preaching 3 or 4 times a day and then go home and sit on a chair and just maybe turn on the hunting and fishing channel or something. I’m just totally worn out and I’ll feel God, I’ll feel the Lord, tug at the back of my shirt saying, “Come away with me Paul you know need to rest but rest with me. Come away, open up the word. Get on your knees and seek my face. And it’s like… I’m just like this girl like, “Oh Lord I’ve been preaching. I have preached 4 times today. I’m worn out, what more do you want?”

Do you see that? Do you remember when you use to run to the word? Do you remember when you use to run to prayer? Now you run to the TV. You’re tired and you can’t be with Him yet His the only one who can make you not tired. Now we become so cold.

I see it just everywhere especially among ministers, because the ministry will steal you from God so fast. Work in the church will steal you from God more than anything else. “God can’t you see I’m working all day?” “Martha, Martha”. Lose a personal relationship with Him being worn out in the ministry.

There was a time when our heart was on fire. We just wants to see him seek him praise him follow him but now when the heart cools off, it becomes almost like a burden.

How many times has the Lord tug down your heart maybe after work or in the morning? Maybe wake you up in the middle of the night, and you know. How many of you waked up in the middle of the night and He said, “Come away with me and pray.” But you pretend that it’s not Him.

There was a time that if a bird chirps, you thought it was God talking to you, but then now even when the Lord comes to you and say, “Come on pull away with me, spend more time with me.” and it’s the Lord. You say, “Oh you know, come on God doesn’t do that now.” “That wasn’t God that was just my emotions”.

Let me tell you something. Another damnable lie is God saved you to serve. God didn’t save you to serve. God didn’t even save you so you’ll love Him. God saved you so that He could love you. And our life is to be the response to that love. He doesn’t need your service.

One thing about our missionary society, you know about this TV evangelist who says, “If you don’t support our ministry it’s going down” and all these staff. And then I’m always saying, “Let it go down. Let it go down.” Because you see if I die today it doesn’t hurt the kingdom of God. God doesn’t need me, God doesn’t need you. But he does desire you.

 All this running around, all this great plans, all this things were going to do in the name of God, it is like were all whirling around busy doing all these stuff is what Revelation 3:20 is all about. Jesus is not knocking on the door of a sinner’s heart on Revelation 3:20. He’s not. That’s not what this verse means. What it means is, “Here’s first Baptist church and you’ve got a lot of plans to do a lot of things in Jesus name and their sincere. You want to win people to Christ. Your church is overflowing now so sooner or later your thinking about building a building there’s just all kind of things going on. But what if Jesus is standing out there and while all of you are so busy? And his standing out at the back of that door knocking on it and says, “Does anyone hear my voice?” “I just want to come in and have dinner with you”. I saved you.

Why did you marry? Think about that for a moment. Why did you get married? Because tax break? It was the right thing? I mean, why did you get married? You got married because of passion.

You know why I have to marry Charo, my wife? It’s because, I didn’t have to do anything with her. I’m one of this guys that is like, “Ok, let’s just go climb a mountain today” or “Let’s shoot some rabbits” or “Let’s go to the jungle” or “Let’s do something.” But all I had, I didn’t have to do anything with her. I could just sit there, it was that’s good enough, she’s here. That's good.

Remember when your relationship with Jesus Christ was right there? You see how far we can fall, when we don’t even spend time with him?

Now listen dear saints, you know how hard I preach, everything like that? But I never want, to condemn saints. I want to teach them. I don’t want you to walk out of here going, “I just neglected my relationship with the Lord”. You made some progress today if that’s what you recognized. It makes a progress, it is good. What is happening here is good. “Alright I’ve just neglected Him.” That’s good. Now let’s get on our path back to not to neglecting him anymore. Go on, this is this verse four:

5:4 My beloved extended his hand through the opening
my feelings arouse for him.
5 I arose to open for my beloved,
and my hands dripped with myrrh,
my fingers were flicked with myrrh,
on the handles of the bolt.
6 I opened to my beloved,
but my beloved had turned away; and had gone.

Now what’s going on? He has gotten cold in our heart towards Him. As I’ve said, there was a time when she would do anything in her power to bump in to this guy. She just wanted to be with him. But now it’s grown cold. She’s got Him.

Some of you men, if you treated your wife when you were dating, like you treat her now. She wouldn’t be your wife right now. You may be now senior romantic; you are all romantic in anything else, in opening doors. And if she just called, you on the phone “sure boss” turn it in, “I don’t want to go”, she called. I mean you were passionate, and what happened? Did you stop loving her? No, probably not. It’s just that when you’re around something all the time, you just lose something.

I remember the first time I was going to cross the Hindis Mountains. I was absolutely astounded. There was these sole missionary with me. We were on this train and we’re going over the highest pass in the world, train pass in the world, at least at that time. We we’re about sixteen thousand feet of mountains, ridges. I was absolutely unbelievable. I just couldn’t breathe. I was so excited. I looked over the old missionary, his just snoring. I thought, “What is wrong with this guy?” Doesn’t he have any passion for beauty, and for majesty of all this?

Few years ago I took a batch college to cross the same pass I just snored. Why? Did the beauty of these mountain decreased? Now, it has grown common for me. It has grown common. It’s grown common.

Sometimes when I’m coming home from the office I’ll pretend. I’ll say, “Ok here’s I’m going to do.” I’m going to pretend as I walk to this door, I’m going to see my wife for the first time ever and try to look at her like it is the first time I’m ever going to lay my eyes on my wife.

I just can’t believe heart changes things. The worst crime in the world is for heart to grow cold. And that’s what happened to her heart and that’s what happens to ours. But he stakes his hand in through. He begins to work and finally what did she do? She jumps up out of the bed and she comes running over there and her hand dripped in myrrh. Now what does that mean? This is what it means. When someone would come calling back in old time, when someone would come calling like a man would come calling for his bride, or his future spouse, he would sometimes carry a bag that had his particular scent. It would be a mixture of myrrh and other things. And it would be like a fragrance and he would rub it all over the door knob. So that if she weren’t home, at least when the girl comes home, she would notice his been here. And when she finally gets up, she delayed. She finally gets up, but when she gets up the only thing left of him is the fragrance. That’s all. He’s not there anymore.


Love delayed, the response delayed, is sometimes a very dangerous thing. You see, love is quite easily offended. I think that’s one of the reasons why the Holy Spirit symbol, the Holy Spirit scriptures dove not a bull. It can be quickly be offended, grieved quenched. Christ comes to you and calls.

There was a time in your young Christian life when you thought Jesus Christ was calling you and telling you to come away with him, you jump in a second. But then as time goes on no more passion, no more desire to follow Him. It just becomes kind of a routine. And then when finally your heart does kindly get aroused, you go and pray but it seems there is no one there. You spent most of your time, most older believers, a lot of them, had fallen to this trap. They spent their time crying to God to come back. It seems that his never there and when they pray it seems like there is a ceiling of bronze over their head. Why? You can’t offend love only so many times. And it kindly just froze back.

Now don’t make this mistake. It’s not that your heart has been unresponsive and now God is punishing you. That’s not the way he works with his children. Here’s what God is doing to you, His doing the same thing that I told you I did to my little boy. When he would wonder off in the woods and would not stay with me and I hid behind that tree until he finally realized he was alone and he got scared. And I let him get scared for a little while, so that he would learn never to wonder away from his father again.

Those times when you pray and there are frequent now, you pray and there’s no sense of God’s presence and there’s no sense of His power. And it feels like you’re just going to a routine and in your life. Do you remember when he seems to feel the presence the Christ when you were brand new believer? And now that just seems to be gone and you wonder what’s happened. Don’t think his punishing you, His pulling back to teach you. He's not one of this Gods who says, “Well I’ll show you.” His just pulled back a bit and his waiting for you to seek him, and to seek him, and to seek him. And if you seek him you will find him because his love and his disposition towards you has not changed. He does not love you less in His silence His simply in his great love for you teaching you something. How dangerous it is for your heart to grow cold and to not respond to Him when he prompts you to follow.

Sometimes when we’re brand new believer, it seems like God is everywhere. And then, it seems after a while that there’s nothing. You were just going through emotions.

“She finally gets to her feet but when she gets there, there’s just something of a fragrance left but the person himself is not there.”

I remember one of the dumbest things I have done in my life. It was not biblical and it was wrong.

After my wife and I were married we have to be separated for 82 days because she has to come back to state to finish her degree and I’ll be going to the jungle. You should never be separated to your wife like that, never. I remember being in the jungle for the longest time and coming back to our little base apartment in Lima Peru. And I remember walking in there. And I missed her so much I thought I was going to die. And finally I went to our bedroom and I pulled out one of her drawers and there in the drawer was a sweeter. And on that sweeter was a fragrance that she would always wear. And I remember just sitting there on that bed holding that sweater. I could scent the fragrance but she was gone.

Sometimes that’s how many Christians live there Christian life. After walking with Christ and after being so close to Him, they have been so unresponsive. Their hearts been pulled away, it has grown cold and it seems like they spend most of their years walking around with the fragrance of what it used to be. But now look what happens.

She says in verse 6;

5:6 “I opened to my beloved but my beloved had turned away and had gone. My heart turned out to him. I searched him but I did not find him.”

Does that describe your prayer life now? It seems like a routine. There’s a same life that much Christ in it.

“And this is I called out to him but he did not answer. The watch men who make the rounds in the city found me and struck me and wounded me. The watchmen in a stroll took away my shawl from me.”

Now what is going on? She burst out in the night and she realized what she has lost. And she’s looking for him. But that’s the dangerous thing a bride without a groom is not very safe. And she’s wondering around the city and the watchmen on the walks find her, struck her, and wounded her.

I want you to realize something if she had been walking at that moment beside the king, that watch men on the wall wouldn’t even dare to look her in the eye that he would have been so afraid. That he would even have dressed her. They would put their head down and turn away. They won’t offend her because she was walking beside the king. The only thing that protected that bride is the presence of the king. She doesn’t have the presence of the king any longer. The world would tear her apart and it is the same way for you.

Do you remember what Moses said after Israel has committed abomination. God tested Moses there was this thing about whether God was going to continue on with Israel, whether His presence would continue on and Moses said, “If you don’t go with us we can’t go. What distinguishes us from all the peoples of the land, except your presence?” And what is it that distinguishes you from all the people of that land except the presence of Christ in your life?

I know people of great theology, I know people that are brilliant, I know people who are great preachers and famous preachers, and this and that and everything else. But I know also people when who when they walk in the room, it’s like the presence of God walked in with them. There are entirely different sort of person and the one thing that distinguishes the believer more than everything else is the presence and power of Christ is alive. Folks, it’s more than morality its more than you’re in the right thing and you keep rules the presence of Jesus and it is that distinguishes us.

Most of all of us would do well to spend their great deal of time crying out to God. I don’t care about anything Lord I just want to know your presence I want your presence, your life, in my life. I want my personal relationship with you to be at maximum. You start out that way when you young, especially young preacher. Lord I just want your presence. I just want to know you. I just want to see your face, Just Lord come help me. I’m like a deer pants for the water, Oh God. And then it’s more out of that. Your place by ministry, ministry, ministry and then we forget. Sometimes even it’s gone at younger men who still have that passion. Oh my dear friend, seek Him.

Now she said in v.8 of chapter 5,
 
"daughter of city of Jerusalem, If you find my beloved as to what would you tell him for I am in love stuck" and they answered, “What kind of beloved is your beloved beautiful woman? What kind of beloved is your beloved that does your endure us? She’s going to the daughters of truth she looks to him and says go find my beloved go seek him for me. And they go, why? I mean He can’t be all that. I mean He came to your bedroom you couldn’t even get out of bed. Why should we go seek for Him? I mean, my goodness, isn’t that much to you, why should He be that much to us? Why should we go look for Him?

Church, you go out in this community, you witness the people, knock on the doors, you hand out tracts, and invite people to revivals. And you say to them, “Hey come hear pal, come seek Jesus. You know you need Jesus and they’ll say, “Why? I mean I can look at your life, why should I look for Him I mean you supposedly know Him and He is not that big deal to you. I mean (my goodness) I look at your life; you look at more the things than you look for Jesus I mean why should I to look for Him you don’t even look for Him.

It happens, we tell other people to seek him but they know for fact that our hearts have grown cold. We don’t even seek Him that much and then what happens? Revival. Verse 10 you see she’s beginning to realize what she has lost; she’s beginning to realize how far she has fell. She’s beginning to realize her first love and she says, “My beloved is dazzling, and ruddy outstanding among ten thousands, his head is like gold pure gold, his hair lights and as black as raven. Do you want to know something about verse 11 It doesn’t make any sense.

The woman beside her cell and she goes all the way down. Through here you know and finishes in 16:

“His mouth is full of sweet, listen he is holy desirable. This is my beloved and this is my friend oh, daughters of Jerusalem.”

She begins to experience a personal revival and her love relationship with this man. She’s beginning to remember all that he is and all that she has lost and she’s burned on by the rebuke of the others who says, “Why do we have to look when you don’t even care. And she begins to remember and she goes wild. She begins to talk about him in such a way that her words don’t even make sense anymore. She is so much inflamed again when your passion for Christ, when you remember and your passion for Christ is rekindled.

There’s Benjamin Franklin one time, why did he come hear what Whitfield preached. Mr. Franklin you don’t believe what George Whitfield was preaching. Then he says, “No, I don’t believe what his preaching but he does and I want to watch him.” Ravenhill used to said, “Set a man on fire and even unbelievers would come to watch him burn”. Passion for Christ! Passion for Christ!

If someone comes to me and say, you know you need to love God more. What do you mean? What do you mean I need to love God more? No I know I need to love God more, as a matter of fact the great burden in my heart is I don’t love God more than I loved him like I oath to. So don’t come to me telling I don’t love God more. I know, tell me, how I can come to love God more?

Ok I’m going to tell you, this is how you come to love God more. First of all, to say that you’re going to love God more is equivalent to saying you’re going to pull yourself off by your own boots strap. You can’t do that. How can you make yourself love God more? Have you thought about that? And so you sit there and go warm and God help me to love you more. I mean what do we do? Here’s what’s scripture teach us just in a nutshell. You want to love God more, here’s what you do.

First of all you have to be sure that your born again that really know that he really knows you. It’s ok I’m a Christian bearing fruit. I have assurance, what’s next? I love my wife. Now fourteen years later much more than I did when we were first married. Why? Even though my wife is not perfect like her husband even though she’s not perfect, in the fourteen years that I have got to know her, even though I have sin for us I see more of her virtue and her excellent and I love her more, because I know more about her. Now with God you don’t have to worry about finding a flaw. How you can come to love God more, (is) by knowing God more by finding out in His words who He is. And the more you found out who He is, is the more you will love Him.

Now if you think about it, the most important thing is to let not a rich man boast to his riches, let not a strong man boast of his strength, let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, but let him who boast, boast in this that he knows me. You want to love God more? Then study the scriptures and pray and find out who He is and what He’s done. And the more you know about Him, the more you will love Him. That should give you the beauty of God. Have you thought about that? You take consideration. Have you ever study the beauty of God?

Emotions would tell you that the beauty of God is so immense that if you were to take a one glance, a glimpse of His beauty and catch it with the natural eye, you would go insane. His beauty is so great that your mind could not comprehend it and your heart could not hold it, not even a glimpse of it. God is so beautiful He must condense and humble himself to take his eyes off of himself to look at any other thing. The thing that God has prepared for you down to everything that more you begin to understand who He is, what He has done, and what He has prepared for you. The more you will love Him. The greatest need you have is to know Him. Just know Him.

I want to finish at chapter 6 which now did an expositional sermon two chapters long.

Song of Solomon 6:1

“Where has your beloved gone oh most beautiful among woman? Where has your beloved turned that we may seek him with you?

Look when she went wild about Christ, when she caught on fire, what happens is others want to know. This church cultivates a passion for Jesus Christ; you don’t have to worry about much. You call it a passion for Jesus Christ till you will draw the attention of this community and they’ll begin to ask this, “Where is your beloved?” “Who is this one, who has turned your heart so? I want to know him.”

Now here’s the most important thing of everything that’s been said.

“My beloved has gone to his garden, to bed awesome pastures and gather lilies.”

How long, let’s just look for a moment here’s the great king he has taken in this little shepherdess this little girl. I’m nobody; I’m nothing and he is granted her his love. He has showered upon her his royalty and his blessing and then one night he comes to visit her and she spurns it.

What would most kings do? Have her killed? What would most men do? Well, you just don’t know what you’re messing with darling. Who do you think you are? I can find ten thousand girls better than you. I’m sick and tired of this; you don’t turn your back on me! I’ll show you what it’s like to lose, and on and on and on but when this great king comes to you, you would rather watch football. This great kind comes to you and wakes you up in the middle of the night. This great king is calling you to have a consistent time with him every day. But when this great king calls to you, you say no. He doesn’t throw to you a temper, He doesn’t say, well I show you who I am. You had your chance, and it’s over. She spurned, this king, where can she find him again? The very place she left him, the garden. And what’s she’s doing? steaming mad. Sooner she walks in a very garden; she’s going to turn her like you cannot believe. Now he is in the garden he is waiting and he is picking flowers for her so when she does her turn to him, he hands them to her and begins ones again to shower his love upon her.

I don’t want you walking out of here saying well, I’m trying you know. I just I don’t love God like I ought to and he is right I don’t have time in the morning with the Lord. That’s right, I’m so busy and I just seem to care about so many other things. And you walk out of here, and when you walk out the devil begins to drive that into your head, even more and more causing a greater and a greater separation between you and God. I do not want that happening because that’s a lie. The fact is yes we have fault, we do not love God like we ought to. The fact that matter is we have all spurn him at times when He has called us. The fact that matter is no, none of us seek Him like we ought to. The fact that the matter is He is still waiting wherever we left Him and the only thing He is doing is He is scheming. He is scheming how He is going to shower His love upon you, ones again you return.

There’s the preacher, friend of mine who says, “Oh folks we got ourselves a God. We got ourselves God.” I don’t care believers. I don’t care how cold your heart has been. I don’t care how much you’ve neglected Him. I don’t care because does that matter? You go come to Him and He will embrace you. A broken and contrite spirit He will not despise. You come to Him you say to the Lord. Its true help me, but then don’t just stay there and say help me. If you want to love Him more you just need to know Him more because the more you know Him the more you’ll love him.

I know that’s what your husband told you. When you were first dating, “honey because the more you know me the more you’ll love me”, and you have found that out to be a great disappointment. But will not be the case with him because He does all things to be well, all thing is well.

Let’s pray:

Father I come before you and I ask you Lord to work in our hearts of your people to help them and Lord help me. Lord, I don’t want to pretend in front of anyone. Lord my relationship with you is sometimes so inconsistent, and Lord so busy, I am. So many times it’s like selling our birth right for porridge when we could be with you. We’re so privilege, all sort of ministry Lord. Help us to know you that we might be absolutely enthroned by you. In Jesus name. AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment